U16AAA Development Plan
CAC U16 AAA
United Sports and Cycle
2020-2021 Development Plan
Our objective is to provide a program for the elite athlete that offers the opportunity to further develop their athletic skills as well as their life skills. Thereby, creating better athletes and citizens.
Below is a brief overview of our plan for the season that will stress the importance of preparation, attitude and work ethic on and off the ice. This will lead to success in life and sports.
On Ice Training
- 3 (1.25 hr) practices per week. This may vary depending on the number of games we have in one week.
- 3 to 4 skills sessions per month.
- Consists of power skating and skills coach (1 -2 times per month each)
- Goalie Coach - attends practices 2 to 3 times per month to work on goalie development
Off Ice Training
- 3 to 4 sessions per month.
- Dry land training - At CAC arena (may be after practice on another set day) or at private facility.
- Hot yoga - at a private facility
- Spin sessions and weight training (will run in conjunction with practices at CAC Arena).
- Sport Psychology Coach - 1 to 2 times per month (will run in conjunction with practices at CAC Arena)
- Team video sessions - before or after practice.
- Video sessions - homework assigned by coach
- Academic accountability
- Hockey Helps the Homeless Clothing Drive
- Pink in the Rink game
- Mentoring younger hockey teams
U16 AAA Alberta Elite Hockey League (AEHL)
- 33 league games
- Attend 1 - 2 elite level U16 AAA tournaments (previously attended Dallas Stars Elite and NAX U16 tournament)
- Team building session at the beginning of the season
- Guest speakers
- Guest coaches at practices
- U18 AAA players attend practice with U16 AAA team
- Coaches meet with players on a monthly or as needed basis
- Open communication between team staff, players, and parents
- Players/parents adhere to teams Code of Contact and Respect and Honor mandate for team.
- Team Rules and Expectations signed by parent/players