Canadian Athletic Club Arena Rules
Canadian Athletic Club
The Canadian Athletic Club (“CAC”) will adhere to all current guidelines set by the Chief Medical Officer of Alberta (CMOH), and therefore this document is subject to revision at any time. Below is a list of rules that must be followed while attending an event at the CAC Arena.
Based on the CMOH Order, as well as HA Bulletin 20:14 dated Feb 8h, we are permitted to allow two groups of 10 participants total onto our ice surface. Coaches are included in this total. While the Bulletin does provide a minimum guideline for safe return to play, it is at the discretion of the facility (the CAC), to impose their own restrictions as are reasonably within our ability to deliver.
To this end we have elected to restrict limited entrance to spectators beginning Monday, February 15th.
Public restrooms will remain closed to the general public.
- Participants must complete the COVID screening via the RAMP Application / Non-team staff will sign in as per regular arena operations. Each team will be required to provide the name of their “COVID Representative”. This individual will be required to ensure that all those who present to the rink have completed the RAMP clearance prior to entering the facility
- Changerooms will be utilized for the purposes of donning skates etc., however, participants should arrive as dressed as possible no earlier than 15 mins prior to their scheduled session time.
- The CAC is asking that coaches strongly encourage masking for all participants at all times even on the ice surface as much as is reasonably possible. Coaches/staff will remain masked at all times without exception. Social distancing will continue to be maintained during all activities
- We will be attempting to alternate entry to the arena by utilizing both the East and West Entrances. This will be communicated in advance. Participants will then exit the facility through the same door from which they gained entry
- Use the provided hand sanitizer immediately upon entering the arena
- No sharing of water bottles is permitted
- Water bottle should be clearly marked with player’s name
- Please pre-fill your water bottles at home prior to arriving at the arena
- No spitting or cleaning of nasal passages
- One spectator per player will be permitted - please note that due to bleacher space, there will be no exceptions to this rule
- Teams will be responsible for tracking all spectators attending their sessions via RAMP for those registered or via tracking sheets.
- Masking & social distancing is required at all times
- Spectators will enter the arena area no earlier than the start of the scheduled session and will remain in the bleacher area until the players have left the ice surface.
- Spectators only will enter the facility via the East Entrance and vacate via the West Entrance. Players will continue to enter on the entrance associated with their assigned dressing rooms
- In order to both accommodate spectators and allow for rink attendants time to properly sanitize, we will be alternating the seating areas [i.e. Session One (East & West bleacher areas) - Session Two (Center bleacher area) etc.]
Thank you in advance as we try our very best to maintain a safe and sustainable environment for our members.
February 14, 2021