MEMO and SURVEY LINK Friday, Mar 6, 2021, from CAC President Rick McAdie
*If you did not receive the email with the link to the Survey, Please contact Kim Corbett at firstname.lastname@example.org
On behalf of the CAC Executive and CAC coaches, we thank you for your continued patience as we navigate what has been an unprecedented season with an abundance of moving targets.
As mentioned in our communication on Feb 10th, our unwavering commitment has been to get our teams back on the ice as quickly and successfully as possible, as we recognize the impact COVID has had on our athletes, parents and coaches. With that said, we did not get the news we were hoping for from AHS this past Monday, as the decision for athletes being able to participate in team “cohort series” games has been delayed until March 22nd.
After consultation with our board, our coaches and many parents who have called in with questions, we have decided to make a FINAL decision shortly after the announcement on March 22nd.
Following the AHS announcement on March 22nd, our options for the season will include:
1) Extension of the season until May 15th (including ~15 “cohort series” games)
2) Extension of the existing team practice sessions (half-ice vs full ice TBD) until April 30th
3) Conclusion of the season on March 28th
4) Conclusion of the season on March 28th, with the opt-in opportunity for practice sessions (by age group) with existing CAC coaches as session leads until May 15th
5) Conclusion of the season on March 28th, with the opt-in opportunity for skills sessions (by age group) with local skills leaders as session leads until May 15th
6) Conclusion of the season on March 28th, with the opt-in opportunity for a CAC-run Spring Hockey teams (by age group)
As we consider and prep for the options above, we would very much appreciate your feedback. While we realize that there will be differing opinions on the options above, we are striving to make decisions that reflect the majority of families’ preferences.
*Please fill out the Survey that was emailed on March 6, and provide your response NO LATER THAN SATURDAY, MARCH 13th at 5pm.
*If you did not receive the link to the Survey, Please contact Kim Corbett at email@example.com
As always, if you have any concerns or questions, please feel free to contact
Rick McAdie at firstname.lastname@example.org