Canadian Athletic Club is hiring team trainers for the upcoming 2019/2020 hockey season. CAC includes teams from PeeWee AA to Midget AAA categories.
Working under the oversight of the Head Trainer as well as the directives of each individual head coach, team trainer duties and responsibilities would include, but are not limited to:
- run/oversee pre-game warm ups and post-game cool downs, and provide on-ice and on-bench medical coverage and support for all tryout sessions, pre-season, regular season, and playoff games
- be responsible to evaluate and assess player injuries, and communicate such evaluations to both the coaching staff and parents of the injured player
- conduct return to play monitoring in accordance with Hockey Canada guidelines
- maintain a team medical binder with all current season medical forms, personal contact information, and be familiar with particular health issues for individual players
- work with the coaching staff and team management with regard to any required dressing room nutrition and hydration needs, as well as meal planning for any road trips
- Standard First Aid, CPR and AED certification (or greater) that will remain valid through the duration of the season
- Criminal Record Check which includes working with the vulnerable sector
- Hockey Canada Safety Program (HCSP) course would be an asset but can be provided upon successful hire
- Respect in Sport considered an asset but can be provided upon successful hire
- Prior experience working with sports teams or other emergency response type activities/experience would be considered an asset but not mandatory
- Flexible schedule to accommodate evening and weekend practices and games, including possible out of town travel
Team trainers are provided remuneration for games and practices; all medical supplies provided. Any out of town travel will be paid for, including any accommodation and meal expenses.
Application deadline is Monday, July 15th. Please apply directly to email@example.com, attention Laurie Leighton. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted to discuss the interview process in further detail.