U15 AA/AAA Tryouts
*ONE FAN PER PLAYER will be strictly enforced for games and scrimmages*
PLEASE READ THIS ENTIRE DOCUMENT
CAC U15 TRYOUT SCRIMAGE GROUPINGS
UPDATED OCTOBER 1, 2020
PLEASE REPORT TO THE SCHEDULED SKATE TIME OF THE GROUP THAT THE PLAYERS NAME APPEARS
FOR THOSE WHOSE NAME DOES NOT APPEAR ON THESE LISTS WE THANK YOU FOR YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THE TRYOUTS WITH CAC
IF YOUR PLAYER IS WISHING TO SEEK A SECOND TRYOUT WITH ANOTHER ORGANIZATION PLEASE CLICK ON THIS LINK FOR INSTRUCTIONS
PLAYER MOVEMENT INSTRUCTIONS
FOR THOSE PLAYERS NOT WISHING TO SEEK A SECOND TRYOUT AT THE ELITE LEVEL PLEASE REGISTER WITH YOUR RESIDENT ZONE ORGANIZATION
CAC U15 AAA/AA TRYOUT PROCESS and Covid procedures
All skates will be at the CAC Arena.
Please note the following protocols for our tryouts. Guidelines are in place so that we are in accordance with Hockey Alberta, AHS, and CAC Arena protocols.
Please remember we are doing our best for the safety of everyone involved in this process.
We thank you in advance for following protocols and respecting our coaches, volunteers, and staff.
If your child is experiencing any COVID related symptoms, or has been in contact with someone who has tested positive or is being tested, we ask that you keep them home and advise the CAC Hockey Program Administrator email@example.com
- Players will be required to check in for every skate with the front desk
- All players MUST complete a verbal Covid screening questionnaire upon check in for each session they participate in.
- Masks are mandatory in the arena and dressing rooms. If players come without a mask they will not be permitted to enter the facility and participate in the skate. Please remind your player to wear their mask until they leave the dressing room for the playing surface. Players not following mask protocols will be asked to leave the arena and will forfeit their tryout skate for that day.
- Players are to come fully dressed but can put on skates and helmets in the dressing room. Goalies are the exception and will be allowed their bags. Players are to arrive no more than 30 minutes prior to their scheduled session start time and must exit the dressing room immediately after removing skates/helmets (within 10 minutes). Goalies may undress but must also exit within 10 minutes.
- There will be ONE SPECTATOR PER PLAYER ALLOWED IN THE FACILITY
- In accordance with Hockey Alberta guidelines, initial tryouts skates will follow social distance format.
Please read the altered tryout process for more information on the tryout and selection process.
*Goalies attend all skates for your designated grouping.
CAC ARENA COVID PROCEDURES
- The east (main) doors will be used for entering the arena
- Use the provided hand sanitizer immediately upon entering the arena
- Upon arrival, the player will be greeted by the program host who will record the player name, email address and ask the Hockey Alberta required health questions
- Players can arrive at the arena no earlier than 30 minutes prior to the ice start time (Although players will be admitted for check-in 30-mins prior to their ice time, spectators must remain outside of the facility until the previous group has exited the building).
- Players are to be dressed in hockey equipment prior to arrival if possible
- Dressing rooms will be available to tie skates only.
- One parent or guardian per player is allowed in the arena
During ice time:
- No sharing of water bottles is allowed
- Water bottles should be clearly marked with the players name
- Please pre-fill your water bottles at home prior to arriving at the arena
- No spitting or cleaning of nasal passages
- The Parent or guardian that is in the stands are to practice two-meter social distancing
- The west doors will be used to exit the arena
- Players must leave the arena no later than 10 minutes following the end of the scheduled ice time
- Showers are not to be used
- Hand sanitizers to be used when exiting the building
- Spectators must remain in their seats until the players have left the ice surface and have entered the dressing rooms and then exit directly through the West Exit - you are not permitted to stay in the lobby.
- Masks must be worn while in the building, except when on the ice
- The physical distancing of two meters must still be maintained off the ice and when possible on the ice.
- The upstairs of the arena is closed to participants and parents
- Washrooms will be available for public use
- Obey the people traffic direction signs in the lobby
If your child answers yes to any of the following questions we ask that you please stay home.
Do you/your child have any new onset (or worsening) of any of the following symptoms:
- Shortness of Breath / Difficulty Breathing
- Sore throat
- Painful swallowing
- Runny Nose / Nasal Congestion
- Feeling unwell / Fatigued
- Nausea / Vomiting / Diarrhea
- Unexplained loss of appetite
- Loss of sense of taste or smell
- Muscle/ Joint aches
- Conjunctivitis (commonly known as pink eye)
- Has the person attending the activity/facility traveled outside of Canada in the last 14 days?
- Have you/your child had close unprotected* contact (face-to-face contact within 2 meters/6 feet) with someone who has traveled outside of Canada in the last 14 days and who is ill**?
- Have you/your child attending the program or activity had close unprotected* contact (face-to-face contact within 2 meters/6 feet) in the last 14 days with someone who is ill**?
- Have you/your child or anyone in your household been in close unprotected* contact in the last 14 days with someone who is being investigated or confirmed to be a case of COVID-19?
* “unprotected” means close contact without appropriate personal protective equipment
** “ill” means someone with COVID-19 symptoms on the list above.
Thank you for your attention to these guidelines during these uncertain times. We hope that everyone stays healthy and safe.
U15 AAA/AA TRYOUT PLAYER SELECTION PROCESS
Social Distance skills sessions from August 29, 2020 to September 3, 2020 will be used to group players of similar skill levels into cohort groups for scrimmaging purposes.
Cohort groups formed in the initial social distance skills skates will then participate in scrimmage games from September 8, 2020 to September 12, 2020
After the scrimmage sessions ending on Sept 12 Coaches from U15 AAA and U15 AA will select team rosters between 17 to 19 players to their teams.
PLEASE NOTE THAT RELEASES MAY TAKE PLACE AT ANYTIME DURING THE SEPT 8 TO September 12 SKATE SESSIONS.
Second tryout skates for those players that wish a second tryout for another club will be available, but the procedure has not been determined at this time. Once this procedure has been determined the information will be posted here.